Friday, December 9, 2016

Critical Reflection

In the blink of an eye, the first trimester has come to an end. Initially, when I knew that I was required to take up this module, the first thing that came to my mind was that it was a waste of time as I have taken up similar courses in the past. However, upon looking back at the past three months, I realized that my language writing has improved. Furthermore, this module has equipped me with important skills that may be useful in the workforce.

Through this module, I have learnt that communication plays a vital role in our society. It is not only used in the workforce but also in our daily lives. By improving our language, we will also be able to interact with people from all walks of life more easily. This module has also taught us on writing a proposal and technical report which will be very common in the workforce. This can prepare us for our future working life and allow us to have a taste of something similar to it.   


Besides improving my command of language, I have also improved on my presentation skills. Often, the outcome of a presentation depends not only on the idea but also on the way it is presented. The main objective is to give the audience a good impression and this can be done through practice and learning. From this module, I am also more aware of the components of a good presentation. Learning is a continuous process that never stops throughout our life thus we should constantly learn new things and improve on ourselves. Lastly, I greatly enjoyed this module as I get to know more friends as well as gain more knowledge that would be beneficial to me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wei Jun,

    I totally agree with you that communication plays a vital role in our society. We are fortunate to have Effective Communication as one of the module in our first year of studies in Singapore Technology Institute (SIT). Glad to meet you through this module. Happy holidays!

    Sincerely,
    Nana Rafiana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, WeiJun, for this clear, concise and well organized overview of the module. Your language fluency shines through as you revisit various aspects of the module. I'm glad your attitude changed and you came to understand the value of the module's various activities.

    All the best as you continue your learning!

    ReplyDelete